Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I am back!!!!!!!!


I am finally back to my blog.

On Aug 20th, my Daughter was born... What an amazing day, but it has changed my life in so many ways. One of which was having enough time to blog.

She is still amazing, but I am back to work full time and I promise I will blog at least once a week.

So please keep checking back each Wednesday for what is going on with me along the amazing Christian Journey.

An Introduction to Parenthood is where I am on the journey right now, as you might expect. And as I said it is a life changing experience.

Over the last six weeks, I have watched her grow at an amazing rate. In fact if she continued to grow at this rate til she was 18 she would be over 400 lbs and 20 foot talk.

Parenthood is truly an amazing experience. Through my new experience as a parent, I am learning a deeper understanding of God’s love. As I think about how much I love my daughter, I am reminded of the unconditional love of God. I think about how much more God loves each and everyone of us.

In Psalm 139, the Psalmist celebrate the intimacy in which God know each of us. The Psalmist reminds us of how God has been with us from the very beginning of life. The Psalmist writes, “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”

I have made this scripture part of my prayer time. Every morning I hold my daughter and think about how she is a precious gift from God. I give God praise for how he has made her. At the same time I give thanks for the love in which God has for her, for me, and for all his Children.

I hope you also remember that you too are wonderfully made and a precious gift from God.

1 comment:

Rev_DeanL said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere Rodney and congrats again on a beautiful new daughter!

Dean