Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rethink Church: Ecology/Theology (UMC)

When you ask someone what is church, you get a ton of different answer. I am proud to be part of a movent of pastors and churches that are willing to ask tough questions and to look critically at the future of "the church."

This UMC ad is just one example of rethinking church.

I will be posting more about this topic in the weeks and months ahead. I will also be preaching a sermon series in which I will address several different ways we can rethink what we are doing in the chruch. The series begins on September 20, 2009.

I am looking forward to sharing this part of my journey as I talk with other followers of Jesus radical message and how we can look at church as a verb and not just a place we belong or come to.

Peace,

Rodney

No comments: