Monday, August 17, 2009

What is your top 25 Worship Tunes for 2009?

I want to know what you think?

2009 Top 25 Praise Songs from CCLI

  1. How Great is Our God
  2. BLessed Be Your Name
  3. Here I am to Worship
  4. Open The Eyes of My Heart
  5. Shout to the Lord
  6. Holy Is the Lord
  7. You Are My King
  8. Forever
  9. Lord, I lift Your Name on High
  10. Come, Now is The Time to Worship
  11. God of Wonders
  12. Everlasting God
  13. You Are My All in All
  14. We Fall Down
  15. The Heart of Worship
  16. You’re Worthy of My Praise
  17. Breathe
  18. Trading My Sorrows
  19. Beautiful One
  20. In Christ Alone
  21. I Give You My Heart
  22. Days of Elijah
  23. Friend of God
  24. Better is One Day
  25. Above All
I would love to here what others think of this list... What would you keep, delete, and add?


2 comments:

Kevin Burns said...

Rodney... While I love alot of these songs, I would like to know your take on using secular music in worship... Any thoughts? Especially when we take a song written for something besides God, and we kind of make God the focus anyway...

Rev_DeanL said...

I wonder how much this list actually changes from year to year. There are some "staples" of praise and worship music on this list that were written in the 90s.

How many of these is the Source playing on a regular basis? What would the Top 25 of the Source for 2009 look like?

And I like Kevin's question too. I think including secular music in worship can connect a certain segment of people to God in ways that the songs on this list might not be able to.