Friday, March 6, 2015

Snow Day

Snow in Texas is rare.   Most of the time it is ice.  
Thursday morning I woke up to a beautiful sight. It was 2 a.m. and snow was falling.  I looked out the kitchen window into our front yard and watched the snowcoming down as I heated a bottle for Righteous. It really is awe-inspiring to watch as the snow covers the tree branches, the cars, the street with its breathtaking white artistry.

 Later that morning, during my morning reflection, realizing the snow had once again slowed down the pace of life; I was reminded of Psalm 46:10 –
“Be still, and know that I am God!
    I am exalted among the nations,
    I am exalted in the earth.” (NRSV)
The snow had forced me to stop, to slow down.  
I am reminded of what God said to Job to "stop and consider the wondrous works of God." (Job 37:14)
Today the sun is shining and we are back to the busy schedule. But I encourage you to take some time to be still.  To stop, take stock of the wonderful creation around you and, if it's snowing (or raining or sunny ...), to slow down and recognize God's power. 
Take a few minutes and read Job chapter 37 and consider what God wants to share with you today.

No comments: