Monday, March 3, 2008

Day 23 on the Journey

Monday – Luke 17: 7-10

Jesus continues to teach the disciples and us. Most of the time, it has been in the form of stories and actions. However today Jesus uses brief saying, like proverbs, that have intrinsic meaning rather than contextual.

What do you think of Jesus sayings?

When I hear them, I want to sit down and read them. I want to hear the several times, because they are not clear. Once again, Jesus teaching style does not give me the answers, but makes me think and wonder.

Jesus says, “Who among you would say…” I am sure the answer is suppose to No One. I however do not find this as easy as Jesus makes it out to be. It sounds like he is telling us that the work will never be done. It also sounds like even after serving for years faithfully the servant has no claim for rest or reward.

Once again, Jesus makes it sound as if being his disciple is going to tough. Is Jesus saying we, disciples, have no grounds for assuming reward or for boasting?

Questions for Reflection and Comment:

What do you think Jesus is trying to communicate?

What are the rewards of being a servant of God?


This is making my brain hurt on a Monday morning. I may write some more later… until then I will just keep walking and listening.

No comments: