Saturday, March 22, 2008

Day 40 on the Journey

Saturday - Luke 23: 50-56

Following last nights good Friday services, I woke up this morning imagining this last scene with Jesus disciples at the grave. I imagine myself standing next to the tomb with the stone rolled in front. I imagine the pain that all who have gathered, because I to have stood by the grave of friends and family members in my own life.

This must have been the longest day ever for his disciples. They could do nothing, but sit and wait. I am sure there was some story telling. I am pretty sure it was being done in secret. For they feared they might have the same fate as Jesus.

Imagining yourself there, what might you do to console others? What might you want to share with the group as you waited for the Sabbath to end?

Questions for reflection and comment:

After months or even years, imagine yourself for the first time with out Jesus. You are sitting under a tree.


Take a few moments and recall the moments that linger with you. Remember how you felt, what you heard, and what you saw along the journey.

What was your favorite moment?


What do you want to share with others about Jesus and what he stirred in you?

1 comment:

Rev_DeanL said...

Rodney,
Did you run out of material after posting everyday during Lent?

Dean