Saturday, March 22, 2008

Day 39 on the Journey

Friday - Luke 23:32-49


Good Friday... What is so good about it. I can only imagine if I had been there I would have wanted to flee. I would not have wanted to watch the execution. At the same Time I would want to be near Jesus. I am torn as to what I would do.

What would you do?

Occasionally I look away in hopes to distance myself from the awful scene. Yet I stay there with the crowd. I listen to the dreadful sounds of the place. I listen to the two criminals arguments and pleading turn into gasps for air. I hear the animals and insects in the area. The whole time I find myself wanting to withdraw and pray.

What do I pray?


What would my prayers for Jesus be during these last hours?

Questions for reflection and comment:


When Jesus speaks his last words, What does his voice sound like?

Which of the three statements resonates most with you?


What are the people around you saying?

Do some people keep scoffing and joking?

No comments: