Monday, February 11, 2008

Day 6 on the Journey - Luke 6: 27-36

Can you image yourself sitting with Jesus as he was giving this teaching? I did. I imagined how I listened and listened to these instructions he was giving his disciples, but I was not sure how I or any of them could really do what he was asking.

As the day went on I got my chance. Jesus and I were alone and I was able to ask my questions. I began by saying, Jesus what you taught earlier sounds really foreign and made me uncomfortable…

Imagine for yourself what you might ask. I first would ask Jesus where he came up with these radical ideas. How will you ask him? Imagine yourself asking Jesus, “what made you say that?” Go ahead and keep asking the difficult questions you might have. My question was, “Jesus, can this ethic of love really happen in this world?” What are your questions?

Questions for reflection and comment:

How does he look at you when you ask these questions?

What does he say?

What is the source of his inspiration?

How did if feel to be asking Jesus these questions?

No comments: