Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wednesday - Day 13 on the Journey

Wednesday – Luke 11: 1 – 28

Today was full of Jesus teaching and healing. We witnessed Jesus cast out demons and watched him confront religious leaders who though he was doing this in Beelzebul’s name. He talked a lot about evil and how the “Son of Man” has come to this generation as Jonah came to the Ninevehites.

I found it interesting of all the things the disciples would ask for from Jesus, they asked him to teach them to pray. They had not asked him how to heal, or how to cast out demons, but they asked him to teach them to pray. I drew in close as Jesus began to teach. The form of Jesus prayer was similar to those we said in the Jewish tradition. I watched as the taught the disciples were intently listening, but also stopping and asking him questions.

Questions for reflection and comment:

What portions of the prayer would you want Jesus to explain to you?

What would Jesus say to you?

What part of the prayer would you like to avoid or ignore?

As you hear Jesus teaches about evil, satan, and unclean spirits, what questions do you have for Jesus?

How do you think the people heard these teachings?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The portion that I struggle with is forgiving others, especially someone who has wronged me more than once. I know that it selfish of me to expect God to forgive me of my sins, yet for me not to the same with others.